Thursday 16 November 2017

Vintage book cover altered into journal cover - Part 1 of my thatsjustpenny's STEAMPUNK OWL OF TIME MINI JOURNAL DIGIKIT





I found this book in a heap of old books in a charity shop, and picked it up for the cover.
I thought it would make a great journal cover.
It is 6.5" high and 4.5" wide


I decided that it was perfect for thatsjustpenny's 
STEAMPUNK  OWL OF TIME MINI JOURNAL DIGIKIT

I wanted to keep some of the elements on the cover and so I used collage, pencils
 and sanding to add collage to the cover.



I used a STEAMPUNK  OWL OF TIME paper to make the end papers and to cover the inside of the book over the spine which was reinforced with gaffer/duct tape.


front end paper


back end papers (reversed on the computer)


paper covering the spine

I have also made a YouTube video.




No comments:

Post a Comment