The first stage got the look sorted
however when I returned to it I realised that the female figure had to be cut right back as the woman's head was much too large in relation to the horse...
so there was quite a bit of radical surgery.
I took the female head right back down
After two more sessions I was much happier with her proportions and feel that the horse and female are much more harmonious.
I gave Epona her hair with a braid around the forehead
then I worked with the horse's mane and the woman's hair so that they blended into one another...
The figure has been dried out over Easter so will be fired soon; then I will have to decide whether to glaze it or stain it with oxide