Thursday 19 April 2012

 Revisiting the pottery horse and goddess sculpture - Epona






The first stage got the look sorted












however when I returned to it I realised that the female figure had to be cut right back as the woman's head was much too large in relation to the horse...










so there was quite a bit of radical surgery.






I took the female head right back down
















After two more sessions I was much happier with her proportions and feel that the horse and female are much more harmonious.











I gave Epona her hair with a braid around the forehead

 then I  worked with the horse's mane and the woman's hair so that they blended into one another...



The figure has been dried out over Easter so will be fired soon; then I will have to decide whether to glaze it or stain it with oxide


1 comment:

  1. Hello Shirley,

    I found your blog by way of the Mixed Media site and find your work very interesting. I love to dabble whenever I get the chance and really like your work--especially your Epona. I fall for the weird stuff too. If it's strange or unusual--it's for me. Hope to get to know you better. I have become a follower so that I can pop in often.

    Hope to chat again,

    Faye

    ReplyDelete