Thursday 26 January 2012

Life Book 2012 - Light and Dark Goddesses



This has been a very interesting challenge - to represent aspects of oneself through the imagery of a dark and a light goddess; but without going with the evil/good aspects. These are to celebrate the contradictory yet complementary sides of the personality and of life: light/dark; birth/death; yin/yang; feelings/logic; private/public; secretive/open...

I had a generic moon and sun goddess as a work in progress and I knew I wanted to add a bit more detail to them and also name them...

So I have used watercolour glazes and pens and given them some hair to die for!!
I am pleased I carried on as they have a lot more drama and personality now...
They are now Arianrhod and Bridget - I always thought the sun/light goddess was Bridget but my moon/dark goddess was Artemis and I really wanted a Celtic equivalent.



No comments:

Post a Comment