Wednesday 7 December 2011

Alphabets and phrases - inspiration from 30 Days In Your Journal - continued


The alphabet was drawn on a grid and, after decorating it with everything I have, was scanned.


I realised that I can now play around with the scanned alphabet.


First I used Enhance, Adjust Colour,  Adjust Hue/Saturation in Photoshop to give me a green hued font and a blue hued font.


This gave me two new alphabets as well as the really colourful one that I made first.


For the monochrome version I used Convert to Black and White then selected Vivid Landscapes to get it as contrasty as possible. 


The spread, right, uses the original coloured font to prepare pages for journalling - I really like the effect and it makes it very personal....



Then finally I have made another grid and this time used it for days of the week, months of the year and the seasons, so I have ready made phrases which I can also scan and modify on the computer, and print out and collage into my journal...

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love these! Just been looking back at your last two posts too- inspirational! - I haven't had much heart for anything journalwise for a while but today I may sit and start an alphabet. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much - I am addicted now and have decided I will always have a grid on the go in my journal so I will play with that if my journalling mojo has vanished!:)

    ReplyDelete