Tuesday 7 June 2011

ART JOURNAL EVERY DAY A month of faces - June 7th

I am continuing my month of faces for June's "Art Journal Every Day"


Again I am using a page of grids done for Strathmore Workshop 2 as they give me an ideal "canvas" for this project.

Some time ago I worked through Sarah Ban Breathnach's "Simple Abundance" - this is a wonderful book which encourages you to review your life and value the everyday.

As a result I keep a daily gratitude journal - listing 5 things every day for which I am thankful (even if on a bad day it may just be churlish things like the sun came out and  I am feeling more organized) - it is a magical discipline. Then there is a second diary, just writing down any thoughts and feelings - I can moan about life in this one! But the third she recommends is  keeping an "Illustrated Discovery Journal".

This is not an art journal, it is a kind of scrapbook of anything and everything that interests me, I clip all sorts of bits and pieces and every so often I put all these clippings into a scrapbook, just Pritt-sticking them in. However, they have become a wonderful resource of ideas, images, poems and sayings, pretty greetings cards, tickets and theatre reviews.

So - when I was scratching my head for face number 1 today I had a flick through my scrapbooks - see above - and found a wonderful image of the Madonna and Child by Jean Fouquet and there was the inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment